Protection Engineering Consultants (PEC) is a unique and diverse small-business engineering firm. PEC’s services range from security consulting and risk mitigation support to the design, research, analysis and testing of protective structures subjected to extreme loads, such as weapons effects, blast, vehicle impact, forced entry attack and natural hazards. We provide structural and mechanical engineering services; use machine learning (ML) and uncertainty quantification (UQ) techniques to deliver novel solutions to engineering problems; create specialized software for defense and anti-terrorism applications; perform advanced numerical modeling; develop, oversee and perform nonlinear and dynamic testing; develop criteria for protective applications; and provide training. We work domestically and internationally.
PEC is in search of a creative and motivated physical security professional who can support our security consulting and design projects. The ideal candidate must have the experience and certifications described below as well as a strong independent work ethic. Experience as a physical security practitioner outside of federal, state, and local government service is expected. The ideal candidate will have the ability of producing both concise narrative documents as well as detailed design drawings in AutoCAD, Revit, and similar software. This position requires a clear understanding of the installation and implementation of such systems into an overall facility security program.
The selected candidate will provide support for ongoing efforts as well as integrate into project management, marketing, and business development activities on the security consulting team.
- CPP or PSP (ASIS International) required within one year of hire.
- Minimum five years providing independent and subjective physical security analysis and / or design services directly to clients.
- Strong understanding of physical security technology including cutting / bleeding edge.
- Minimum of 2 years using AutoCAD and/or Revit and high proficiency with Microsoft Office software required. Experience using BIM and / or camera view creation software (e.g. Navisworks) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients in a non-jargon format.
- Technical aptitude, attention to detail and work quality, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Due to project / client requirements, US citizenship is required.
PEC offers a competitive compensation package for the successful candidate. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Relocation expenses.
- Annual performance bonuses.
- Opportunity for company ownership.
- Professional development and training support.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance paid in full.
- 401(k) match plan.
Protection Engineering Consultants LLC (PEC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PEC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send all applications and inquiries to email@example.com
Please complete the fields below and attach your resume