Protection Engineering Consultants (PEC) is a unique and diverse small-business engineering firm. PEC’s services range from security consulting and risk mitigation support to the design, research, analysis and testing of protective structures subjected to extreme loads, such as weapons effects, blast, vehicle impact, forced entry attack and natural hazards. We provide structural and mechanical engineering services; use machine learning (ML) and uncertainty quantification (UQ) techniques to deliver novel solutions to engineering problems; create specialized software for defense and anti-terrorism applications; perform advanced numerical modeling; develop, oversee and perform nonlinear and dynamic testing; develop criteria for protective applications; and, provide training. We work domestically and internationally.
Protection Engineering Consultants, LLC (PEC) is in search of a creative and motivated physical security professional who can support our security consulting and design projects. The ideal candidate must have the below qualifications as well as a strong independent work ethic. The selected candidate will provide support for ongoing efforts as well as integrate into project management, marketing, and business development activities on the security consulting team.
At PEC, you will be tasked with providing research, analysis, innovative solutions, and strategies to minimize and mitigate complex threats to people and organizations.
- Conducting research on security regulatory requirements, prior incidents, trends, and mitigation measures.
- Developing, editing, and publishing well grounded, thoughtful reports with findings and recommendations.
- Project data gathering, task management, and creative analysis to provide client-centric solutions to identified risks.
- Assisting in the development of Physical Security Consulting project and marketing materials for distribution to clients and potential clients.
- Throughout employment, continue progress toward obtaining and maintaining advanced Board Certification in Security Management as a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP) from ASIS International
Our team regularly engages in projects such as:
- Physical Security Evaluation projects: Performing threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments, needs analysis, program development, security master plans, and external audits for clients in a variety of industry sectors
- Physical Security Regulatory Compliance: assisting design teams and end users with establishing, interpreting, and implementing physical security regulatory compliance requirements
- Physical Security Technology projects: Integrating into design teams to identify, recommend, and specify security technology for specific client applications, ranging from cameras and access control to intrusion detection and mass notification
- Physical Security Project Management: Assisting clients with the implementation of physical security projects through activities ranging from security vendor management, construction administration, and commissioning to developing program documentation, policies, procedures, and training materials
- Strong understanding of physical security principles, measures, and technology
- Minimum of two years private sector experience providing independent and subjective physical security and/or security technology recommendations to internal or external stakeholders
- Strong ability to produce concise narrative documents demonstrating a clear understanding of the application and implementation of various physical security protection measures as a part of an overall facility security program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present security related information to clients in a non-jargon format
- Board Certification as an Associate Protection Professional (APP) from ASIS International or higher is required within 12 months of hire.
Preferences, in addition to minimum qualifications above:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in related field (e.g., security, criminal justice)
- Project management experience (e.g., rollout of new security initiatives)
- Familiarity with regulatory and/or published security requirements (e.g., CFATS, NERC-CIP, AWIA, MTSA, VA-PSRDM, ICD-705, DoD UFCs)
- Demonstrated expertise in executing security assessment methodology within different market sectors (commercial and government)
Location and Expected Travel
PEC has offices in Dripping Springs (Austin area) and San Antonio, Texas. A varying level of project and marketing based travel is required.
PEC offers a competitive compensation package for the successful candidate. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) match plan, paid time off, and annual performance bonuses
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance paid in full for the employee
- Professional development and training support
- Reimbursement for professional license and training fees
- Opportunity for company ownership
- Relocation assistance when required
About Protection Engineering Consultants
PEC is a 100% employee-owned unique and diverse small-business engineering firm, headquartered in South Central Texas. PEC’s services range from security consulting and risk mitigation support to the design, research, analysis and testing of protective structures subjected to extreme loads, such as weapons effects, blast, vehicle impact, forced entry attack and natural hazards. We work domestically and internationally.
PEC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PEC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please send all applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the fields below and attach your resume