SAP2000, Nonlinear, Staged Construction is one of today’s most widely used structural software packages. Its advanced analytical techniques allow for step-by-step large deformation analysis, multiple p-delta, and eigen and ritz modal analyses. Design options include fully interactive and graphical steel, concrete, and aluminum frame member design for static and dynamic loads including material and geometrical non-linearity. At PEC, SAP2000 is mostly used in the progressive collapse analysis and design of buildings using the Alternate Path (AP) method. Other applications include structural analysis and design of test frames to support blast tests and focused structural analysis of critical building components.
Recent Case Studies Using SAP2000, Nonlinear
- Full-Service Façade Design as the Specialty Structural Engineer
- Lateral Response of Steel Braced Frame Structures to Blast Loads
- Blast Analysis and Design of Cold Formed Steel Roof Trusses
- High-Fidelity Door Analysis for Blast Loading
- Blast-resistant and Progressive Collapse Design for Barracks at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti