Brandon Kehl has more than twenty (20) years of experience providing strategic leadership and counsel in security and safety for public and private organizations. Brandon joined Protection Engineering Consultants (PEC) in February of 2019 and currently serves as a Senior Security Consultant, managing and supporting projects focused on protecting people and assets.
Brandon is experienced in developing client-centered, comprehensive protection strategies that incorporate appropriate risk-reduction initiatives without sacrificing the established workplace culture. Brandon has held several leadership roles in security industry associations throughout his professional career, authoring many physical security policies, procedures, basic and advanced security manuals.
Brandon has served as an independent security consultant in several industry sectors, leading the design, development, and implementation of security initiatives ranging from simple policy changes or staff training to advanced electronic detection systems to identify potential incidents before they occur. Brandon has successfully facilitated threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments for many clients, where he identified the specific local and non-geographical threats and recommended measures to reduce the risk or impact of those threats.
Certifications and Licenses
- Board Certified in Security Management (CPP) [ASIS International]
- Security Consultant License – State of Texas DPS
Committees and Professional Affiliations
- Member of International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC)
- Chairperson (2015-2017), International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) | Council on Education & Training
- Chairperson (2011), ASIS International (ASIS) | Greater KC Chapter
- Past Vice Chair, International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) | Council on Education & Training
- Past Vice Chair, Past Treasurer, ASIS International (ASIS) | Greater KC Chapter
- Member of ASIS International
- Member of International Association Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
B.S. in Criminal Justice | Park University | 2008