Blast Resistance for Anti-Terrorism Course Summary:
Our foundational course, the Blast Resistance for Anti-Terrorism course has been taught multiple times since 2008 to hundreds of students from government and industry. To accommodate the preferences, budgets and valued time of our prospective students, we have updated and reformatted our Blast Resistance for Anti-Terrorism short course into web based modules. The webinar is divided into (5) 2-hour focused modules. This series is up to date with the latest DoD UFC 4-010-01, GSA guidelines, VA criteria, and industry criteria and will provide guidance for implementing the blast design provisions of these criteria by providing additional context, explanation, and interpretation of the code language. Simple example problems will also be included to aide in understanding the practical application and implementation of blast design requirements in real structures.
The webinar modules are ideal for engineers, architects, and physical security professionals who seek to enhance their knowledge of blast loads, design criteria requirements, design approaches, and analysis methods. The course is taught by PEC engineers with over 30 years of experience and recognized as industry experts in the field. The recorded webinar modules will be available to individuals and firms for a limited time (up to 30 days) after the final training to allow for complete control and flexibility in viewing lessons and the ability to revisit lessons as needed. In addition, digital versions of all course notes are included in the registration and certificates of training completion for professional development hours will be provided.
- Module 1: Blast Loads and Design Threats – Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- Module 2: Government Requirements and Industry Criteria – Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Module 3: Design Methods: Analysis Tools to Testing, Tuesday – October 23, 2018
- Module 4: Design of Structural Systems for Blast, Thursday – October 25, 2018
- Module 5: Design of Structural Components for Blast, Tuesday – October 30, 2018
All modules will begin at 11:00 AM CST and end at 1:00 PM CST. Cost is $750 per module by September 28th, 2018 ($825/module after). The entire webinar series (all 5 modules) can also be purchased for a discounted bundle rate of $2,500 by September 28th, 2018 ($2,750 after). Webinars require an internet connection for video and audio (a phone connection can alternatively be used for audio if desired). Price is based on a per site connection (unlimited viewers allowed per site). The registration process will include poll questions to help our instructors determine student goals and interests.
- Registration Open: August 1, 2018
- Early Registration Ends: September 28, 2018
- Registration Closes: October 12, 2018
- Live Training Starts: October 16, 2018
- Live Training Ends: October 30. 2018
- Modules Viewing Period Ends: November 30. 2018 (at least)
- David Stevens, Ph.D., P.E.
- Aldo McKay, P.E.
- Marlon Bazan, PhD., P.E., S.E.
- Carrie Davis, P.E., LEED Green Assoc.